ELIZABETH S. KELLEHER
Please use the contact form to request additional contact information.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Successful, results-driven manager and business analyst experienced with both functional and project management across business areas. Specific expertise includes health care application development and implementation, website design/re-design, development and implementation, content and learning management systems. Award-winning web designer and developer with 15+ years of experience with the software development lifecycle including analysis, information architecture, design and development and 5 years of direct project management experience leading teams of up to 10 people.
Management & Analysis
Team Leadership, Project Management Life Cycle, Agile/Scrum, Team Building, Conflict Resolution, Process Development, Process Management, Resource Development, Change Management, Business Communication, Requirements Gathering, Joint Application Design (JAD), Create/Manage Project Plans, Create Functional Specifications, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Solution Design, Technical Writing, Documentation, PMP Standards.
Portals, Content Management, Publishing Tools and Desktop Applications
Joomla, Drupal, SharePoint, Communiqué, OpenShare, Greymatter, Movable Type, WordPress, HomeSite, Dreamweaver, Visual Studio .NET, IntelliJ, Paint Shop Pro, Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft: Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Access.
- After the acquistion of Health Market Science by LexisNexis, successfully implemented the first HMS/LexisNexis cross-organization, cross-platform application for Sunshine Reporting.
- Established standards and templates for creating and updating standard operating procedure documents and successfully managed the company’s SOC2 certification process as member of the Corporate Quality Committee.
- Improved efficiency of proposal-writing process by analyzing existing processes, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and establishing a standard workflow, tracking mechanism, and documentation templates.
Business Analysis Manager/Business Analysis Lead (January 2011 – December 2014)
- Managed team of two business analysts, including resource allocation, providing opportunities for growth and training.
- Refined business analysis processes to ensure continued alignment with company goals and product development approach.
- Rolled out integrated set of requirements gathering templates and processes to support hybrid Agile-Waterfall and Agile approaches and ensure process alignment across the business analysis, software development and quality assurance teams.
Senior Business Analyst (July 2010 – December 2010)
- Reworked the requirements gathering process to align with Agile methods and the HMS approach to reduce requirements gathering time and improve time-to-market.
- Mentored new business analysts joining the company to ensure an understanding of HMS business processes and quick turnaround for getting up to speed.
Business Analyst/User Experience Specialist (November 2009 – July 2010)
- Used JAD and Agile techniques to gather requirements and bring stakeholders to consensus during requirements gathering meetings.
- Created requirements documentation, including charters, business requirements, functional specifications and high level project plans.
- Developed a new set of documentation templates to align requirements documents with PMO methods and the HMS corporate look and feel.
Writer, Philadelphia Autism & Parenting (September 2009 – August 2010)
- Authored articles with local ties for families with autistic children, including local resources for diagnosis and treatment, fun activities and tips for managing family life with children on the autism spectrum.
Consultant (July 2009 – November 2009)
- Technical Project Management for eCoreXperience, Inc. and Macrosoft, Inc.
- Designed and developed web sites in WordPress.
eCoreXperience Inc., Lagrangevile, NY (http://www.ecorexperience.com)
Project Manager (June 2007 – July 2009)
- Analyzed and documented business requirements and managed the development and implementation of the RTI State Database (http://state.rti4success.org) for the American Institutes of Research. Successfully coordinated resources in the U.S. and off-shore in China across a twelve hour time difference to bring the project to launch on time and on budget.
- Implemented a new SaaS-model content management system for Assured Guaranty Corporation (http://assuredguaranty.com). Managed the five-person team remotely using conference calls, IM and email. Coordinated system updates and ensured customer satisfaction by maintaining a 48 hour turnaround time on all requests for updates with close to immediate turnaround time for urgent requests.
- Managed the website redesign and content management system implementation for the Digital Library Federation (http://new.diglib.org) on the Drupal CMS. Overcame difficulties with the development cycle by managing deliverables closely and providing a high level of QA on every aspect of the website.
- Coordinated the selection of a Learning Management System for the Associated General Contractors of America (http://agc.org). The recommended LMS was selected by the client and has been implemented as of Spring 2009. Also served as Junior Project Manager for AGC’s website re-design from June 2007 through October 2007, providing backup and coverage for the Project Manager and directly managing the final stages of the Information Architecture and Visual Design processes. Resolved conflicts within the team through use of careful communication and a moderated call to ensure that scope creep was curtailed.
- Conducted JAD sessions, created project plans, business analysis documents, technical and end-user documentation. Wrote proposals and updated the company’s proposal boiler plate to make it easier to respond to requests for proposals.
Brown & Toland, San Francisco, CA (http://www.brownandtoland.com)
I.T. Project Lead (April 2005 – June 2007)
- Successfully led the development, testing and launch of BT C.A.R.E. (Brown & Toland Claims, Authorizations, Referrals and Eligibility), a secured application built in HealthCareObjects and DBMS on the IDX Webframework and VMS backend to enable employees and contracted provider offices to view claims, submit, edit and review Authorizations and Referrals and request patient eligibility status.
- Trained doctors, office managers and nurses on-site in their offices on use of BT C.A.R.E. and participated in the roll out of the application to hundreds of sites throughout the City of San Francisco.
- Launched several mid-sized projects including development of internal and external web-based provider directories, development of an online Re-credentialing application and the reorganization of the project plan for Brown & Toland’s Physician Practice Solutions office deployments.
- Developed a new Project Methodology standard, training program and supporting documentation and templates as part of the two-person project leadership team.
Web Developer (April 2001 – April 2005)
- Led the 5-person workgroup for the iCacti implementation: collected business requirements, developed requirements matrices, coordinated internal and vendor resources and ensured timely completion of deliverables for a successful go-live.
- Wrote detailed requirements documents, scope documents, project plans, technical and training documentation for key web application projects. Conducted training sessions for end users on most web applications.
- Won CorHealth’s (http://www.corhealth.com) Best User Interface and Best Content awards in 2005 for the re-design of http://brownandtoland.com.
- Maintained Brown & Toland’s websites, the corporate intranet and all associated web-driven applications. Coordinated updates and information-gathering with different departments to ensure that all sections of the websites were up-to-date and all staff trained in the necessary systems.
SuSE Inc., Oakland, CA
Web Master (April 2000 – February 2001)
- Overcame communications challenges between the home office in Germany and the U.S. branch office by using online chat technology in addition to conference calls to ensure coordination of development efforts.
Designers & Planners Arlington, VA (http://www.dandp.com)
Web Designer/Developer (October 1999 – March 2000)
- Designed and developed web sites for the N45 branch of the Navy and other Naval clients in Cold Fusion and Notes Domino 4.6 and R5.
George Washington University Medical Center, Washington DC (http://www.gwumc.edu)
Web Designer/Developer (February 1999 – September 1999)
- Collected and documented requirements from physician project owners.
The Chronicle of Higher Education, Washington DC (http://www.chronicle.com)
Production Associate (June 1996 – February 1999)
- Analyzed conversion procedures and identified areas to improve. Outlined improvement plan and implemented scripts with a net result of a 2-4 hour reduction in processing time.
- Created documentation and training materials for the conversion process.
- Converted the newspaper from typeset format into clean, cross-browser compatible HTML. Performed updates to the web site, answered help desk e-mails about web site use.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Masters of Healthcare Administration, Informatics – University of Phoenix (September 2012)
- Certified ScrumMaster – ScrumAlliance, February 2012
- Autism & Parenting Articles written for Examiner.com, 2009 – 2011
- Certificate in Project Management – American Management Association, San Francisco, CA (November 2006)
- Professional Coursework, PMP Project Management, Java, J2EE, XML/XSLT, Lotus Domino, ColdFusion, Perl (1997 – 2007)
- Childhood Dangers And Fears Presented Larger Than Life in Joan Aiken’s Wolves Sequence Review, Strange Horizons, 29 October 2001
- B.A. French Language and Literature, Minor in History – Smith College, Northampton, MA (May 1996)